Event Funding Support
QUEENSLAND GOVERNMENT ECONOMIC RECOVERY BID SUPPORT PROGRAM
As part of the Tourism Industry Reference Panel’s Interim Action Plan, the Queensland Government has launched a $7 million program dedicated to attracting business events to the state. Events held at the Cairns Convention Centre can apply for funding support through this program.
Events can apply for financial assistance of $100 per registered full program delegate for maximum of 1,000 delegates with the opportunity for events to increase this to $120 per registered full program delegate if they do a multi-year deal.
What events are eligible?
- The event must be a national association or corporate event
- Minimum duration of three days
- Must be held before 31 March 2025
- The event must be contracted within 60 days from the Letter of Offer from the Cairns Convention Centre
- The event has been held nationally before with historical attendance data available
- Event organisers must be considering other destinations outside of Queensland (you will need to provide the list)
- The event must meet the following in-person delegate requirements (virtual attendees must not be included):
- Minimum in-person registered full program delegates each day 350
- Maximum number of delegates to receive incentive per event 1,000
- Minimum percentage of in person delegates from outside of Qld 50%
More details on the program and eligibility can be found in the program fact sheet. Contact our sales team to find out more about the program and to discuss your events eligibility.
Other Funding Support
If you event is not eligible for the Queensland Government Economic Recovery Bid Support Program you maybe eligible for funding through other local and national programs. Contact us to discuss options regarding your event.
Contact our Business Development Team to discuss your next event.