23 February 2016
$13 Million Upgrade to Cairns Convention Centre
The Cairns Convention Centre is undertaking a refurbishment program with a $13 million capital injection by the Queensland Government. The upgrade will ensure that the Centre continues to maintain its competitive edge as an award winning international convention venue.
Key elements of the upgrade include:
- A new arrival zone featuring lighting that has the ability to change colour to suit client requirements, LED signage stretching the length of the zone and new sliding glass doors that will improve ease of access
- Large LED screens will be placed throughout the Centre for use by clients, their partners and sponsors
- The Centre’s signature meeting space, the Great Hall, will be re-carpeted
- New soft furnishings throughout the building will provide more networking spaces
- Lifts, car parking, air-conditioning and other core services will be upgraded to ensure greater efficiency and effective use of the building for the comfort of visitors
- Solar hot water panels will be replaced with the very latest technology delivering more effective use and efficiency of natural resources
- Important security features such as CCTV and bollards will be upgraded to provide for the continued safety of delegates and patrons
- After nearly 20 years a roof replacement and refurbishment will be undertaken to further ensure the integrity of the building well into the future
Ross Steele, General Manager, Cairns Convention Centre said, “We welcome the Queensland Governments continued investment in our building. The work currently being undertaken will provide enhanced experiences for our visitors and clients and reaffirm the Centre’s reputation as a leading international convention venue.”
For further information contact
Cairns Convention Centre
T: (07) 4042 4200 intl code (617)
F: (07) 4052 1152 intl code (617)
E: [email protected]
A Queensland Government initiative operated by AEG Ogden
About AEG Ogden
AEG Ogden is an Australian controlled joint venture between Australian venue management interests and AEG Facilities of the United States.
AEG Ogden manages venues throughout the Asia Pacific region, including convention centres in Brisbane, Cairns, Darwin, Kuala Lumpur, Hyderabad (currently in design), Oman (opening 2016), ICC Sydney (opening December 2016) and the Sydney Exhibition Centre @ Glebe Island; Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane; and arenas including the Brisbane Entertainment Centre and the adjacent Sports Centre, Sydney’s Allphones Arena, the Qantas Credit Union Arena (formerly the Sydney Entertainment Centre), the Newcastle Entertainment Centre and Perth Arena. www.aegogden.com
In addition, AEG Facilities was recently announced as operator of both the Los Angeles Convention Centre and Hawaii Convention Centre.