Environmental Sustainability Policy
The Cairns Convention Centre is a world class convention and entertainment facility which strives for the highest level of quality in everything we do.
The Cairns Convention Centre is situated beside two World Heritage listed natural wonders the Great Barrier Reef and the ancient Wet Tropics rainforests, the only place in the world where two such sites sit side by side.
We respect this natural environment and recognise the need to reduce any harmful effects on it and promote sustainability to ensure not only these natural wonders, but the whole environment is preserved for future generations.
The Centre aims to promote better sustainability through:-
• Compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and adhering to all required standards and benefits.
• Setting and communicating environmental objectives to reduce natural resources used and minimise adverse environmental impacts.
• Incorporating sustainability principles in current and future policy, procedure and decision making processes.
• Aid regeneration through supporting locally accredited environmental organisations as a means to off setting clients, delegates and our own footprint and assisting the sustainability for future generations.
• Continually review, monitor and reduce the Centre's impact on the environment by assessing and setting targets on energy consumption, water consumption, waste production, paper, cleaning and pesticide use by reducing, recycling and reusing.
• Encourage and engage staff, suppliers and other partners whom have similar environmental philosophies.
The Cairns Convention Centre recognises its responsibility to practice and promote behaviours that support environmental sustainability.