Conditions of Entry
Entry to Cairns Convention Centre is subject to the following terms:-
• The right of admission is reserved. In particular, we reserve the right to refuse entry to, or to remove from, the Centre any persons who are drunk or disorderly or whose conduct is unlawful or offensive or who is not entitled to attend the event. Any person who causes a disturbance or who refuses to comply with reasonable requests from Centre management may be removed from the Centre.
• Unauthorised persons are prohibited from entering the Centre and any other area not accessible by the public.
• Patrons must not wear or display commercial, political, religious or offensive signage or logos, sell any goods or services or give away political, religious, advertising or promotional materials without the prior written approval of Centre management.
• Patrons who are, in the opinion of Centre management, offensively attired or whose attire may cause a hazard or compromise safety may also be refused entry into the Centre.
• Bags and other items may be subject to inspection and patrons may be searched. Patrons who refuse inspections or searches may be denied entry to the Centre.
• Items which, in the opinion of Centre management, have the potential to cause injury or a nuisance or inconvenience to any other person will not be permitted into the Centre. These include controlled, dangerous or illegal substances, bottles, flares, fireworks, laser pointers, loud hailers, horns, vuvuzelas and weapons of any description and may include certain musical instruments, flags and flagpoles and any other items considered by Centre management to have the potential to cause injury or a nuisance or inconvenience to any other person.
• Alcoholic beverages must not be taken on to or out of the premises. It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol or for persons to supply alcohol to minors.
• Deliveries from external caterers will not be permitted into the Centre.
• Patrons are not permitted to bring food or beverage products purchased at commercial outlets outside the Centre's licensed area into the Centre. Patrons will be advised to dispose of such items or will have the items confiscated prior to entering the Centre. This does not apply to food or beverages for patrons with special dietary requirements, provided that such food or beverages are not packaged in prohibited containers.
• Cameras (including digital cameras), audio and video recorders may only be brought into the Centre at the discretion of Centre management.
• Patrons are not permitted to transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise publish, disseminate or reproduce any recordings (including, without limitation, photographic, video or sound recordings) of the event without the prior written approval of Centre management. Such recordings may be confiscated or erased. Any recordings or recording devices which are confiscated will become the property of the Centre owner.
• Patrons acknowledge that the Centre owner or the event promoter may use a patron's image or likeness as part of any recording of the event.
• Prams, pushers, bags and other belongings must be able to fit under the patron's seat.
• Patrons assume all risk of any damage or loss (including property damage, personal injury, economic and consequential loss) however it arises at the Centre. Customers bring personal effects onto the premises at their own risk. Centre management will not be responsible for any damage to or loss or theft of a customer's personal property.
• Under the Tobacco and Other Smoking Products Act 1998 (Qld) smoking is prohibited in all areas of the Centre. Patrons who smoke in the Centre or who fail to obey a direction from Centre Management or another authorised person to cease smoking in the Centre commit an offence against the Act, to which fines apply; and may be immediately evicted from the Centre.
• Patrons with tickets purchased at a concessional price must have available on entry into the Centre proof of age or other documents justifying such concession.
• Patrons may not be admitted if their tickets are damaged or defaced or their tickets have not been purchased from an authorised ticket agent.
• Persons under the age of 12 must be under the direct supervision of an adult at all times. The Licensor and the Hirer reserve the right to refuse entry to, or to remove from, the Centre or to refer to the police any persons under the age of 12 who are without adult supervision.
• The event may be cancelled, delayed or stopped due to dangerous situations or for any other cause beyond the Centre management's control. Patrons may make a claim to the event promoter only for a replacement ticket if an event is rescheduled or for a refund of the appropriate amount of the face price of the ticket if the event is cancelled and not rescheduled.
• The event promoter may add, withdraw or substitute competitors, teams or artists and/or vary advertised material, programmes, prices, seating arrangements, audience capacity, the venue or programme times without liability to the event promoter or to Centre management.
Your cooperation in adhering to these terms of entry is appreciated.